Edubloggers

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mod 11 Feeling about ePals

When I exploring the ePals, one thing I found is useful and interesting is the program called in2books. It is a program students communicate with others by reading and writing. Students can get a pen pal and they need to read 5 same books each year and exchange 6-10 online letter to express their feelings and ideas about the books they read. Through the interactions with others such as peers, teachers, student can get new view or some instructions from them, especially from experts. It is a good way to expand their knowledge and get some experience from others. Additionally, letter exchanging  with pen pals can help students understand the books better since when they write something about the book, it is also a good chance for them to understand it better. Pen pals can also help them answer their questions about the book. It seems like they work in a group online to solve problems by themselves by which the problem solving ability can be improved.
From the tools for school, I found many teaching materials for students of different grades. Some of them are free and some of them are needed to pay. The materials on the website have a detailed classification by subjects, language, price and grades, which allow people to find things easily. I think it is a good tool which I can use in my future teaching. I think I can find some proper materials which is suitable for my students.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that if you teach k-12 students in the future you are able to have them do projects globally.

    ReplyDelete